Piedmontese is pure Irish Beef and is lean by default. If you would like to eat red meat, that has a lower fat content than chicken, then Piedmontese is your go to meat.
Piedmontese nutritional content approximations
- Calories: 104 per 100g
- 1.9g of fat per 100g
- 31.5mg cholesterol per 100g
- 21.6g of protein per 100g
Chicken nutritional content approximations
- Calories: 200 per 100g
- 13g of fat per 100g
- 78mg cholesterol per 100g
- 25g protein per 100g
- 1kg Piedmontese Beef Mince
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 200g Green Endamame Soy Beans
- 2 teaspoons Mild Chilli Powder
- 75g Rice Per Person
- 500g Tomato Passata
- Ground Rainbow Peppercorns
- In a thick bottomed pan, add your mince and onions, then use a wooden spoon to break it up as it browns on a low to medium heat.
- Add the tomato passata, a little water, soy beans, chilli powder, salt and pepper. Stir well, and put your rice on to cook, while you finish the chilli.
- Simmer the chilli for around 10 minutes.
- Add a little more boiling water if needed while your chilli is cooking. I added around 300ml.
- Serve on a bed of rice, and decorated with whole or ground rainbow peppercorns.