There are contra-indications for waxing. If you’re not sure about these, it means conditions where we must take extra care. There are various levels to each condition mentioned, but please do not take offence if we need to decline from offering you a treatment, for your own safety.
It is your responsibility to accurately reflect your health condition on the consultation forms required before a treatment is carried out. We want you to be safe and healthy following a visit to us, so please help us to make the right decisions with you.
We cannot wax the following, depending on the severity of the condition.
- Prominent varicose veins.
- Over the top of bruises.
- Ulcers on the legs.
- Cuts, abrasions or scabs.
- Hairy moles. The hair on these will need to be cut rather than waxed.
- Irritated or inflamed skin.
- Rashes and infections.
- Medication for acne.
- Electrolysis or recent eye ultraviolet treatment.